The word summer brings to mind “Cool” ideas for either taking a vacation at hill stations or making cool drinks to quench one’s thirst. The season also brings with it, loads of cool vegetables and fruits like cucumber, watermelon, musk melon etc.
Among the fruits, watermelon is the first choice as the rich red colour of the fruit is very tempting and if it also happens to be sweet, then the juice of this wonderful fruit is heavenly.
Watermelon juice and watermelon snack
Ingredients for Watemelon juice
¼ of its size
½ a lemon
Rock Salt (kaala namak)
- Wash the water melon under running water. Cut it into ¼ of its size. Then slice them.
- Remove the seeds and separate the red portion from the rind.
- Cut it into bite size pieces and put them in the mixer or food processor and run it for 2-3 mins.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper and run it for another minute.
- Pour the mixture into the glasses and serve (optional) with a slice of lime
Makes: about 6 glasses
A refreshing summer time snack
If you have a melon ball scooper, then try this out.
- First halve the watermelon and with the help of melon ball scooper, scoop out the flesh of the watermelon and place it in a bowl.
- Continue scooping out till you have the desired quantity in the bowl. Squeeze some lime juice on top and sprinkle “Chaat masala”. Shake the bowl gently so that the juice and the masala are evenly spread. Prick a few tooth-picks on top.
- And serve.
Juice can be served chilled by adding a few cubes of ice which I have omitted.