Friday, October 2, 2015

Welcoming the new arrival in the family

Hello friends -  I am back but with a different topic. Its five months since my blog was in cold storage. No, I am not hibernating!  In fact I have never been so busy in my life. My cooking has taken a back seat for the moment and all my other interests like sewing, knitting, quilting which were lying dormant for several years are now taking centre stage and all this is because we have now become grandparents to a cute little princess. Now everything centres around the little one. She keeps us all on our toes the whole day and night long but her one little smile is all that is needed for our tiredness to vanish. All said and done, I am not complaining. I am just loving it!

Whenever time permitted, I managed to do some small baby quilts, a quilt cover, a comforter and also knitted some sweaters and booties and bonnets etc..

A few of them which I am displaying here :



Sweaters, bonnets and booties
Cap and shoes
The patchwork quilt with satin base
This quilt and the one above were made from the leftover wool
Small quilts made from left over cotton cloth


        

A tiny set of bedsheet with pillow cover 
Another set of bedsheet and a matching pillow cover
  This Bedsheet (normal single bed adult size) with motifs was made
 by my late mother
Cotton comforter
Comforter made with batting inside
A blanket cover
Blanket cover - one side printed cotton cloth and the other side I
attached a motif (made by my late mother) on a plain cotton cloth
with an opening on one side.

My joy knew no bounds when I was told by my daughter that my grand daughter slept for 7 hours without waking up at night ( she would wake up almost every hour otherwise) when she used the comforter ( the blue one I made above) for the first time.

I am experiencing the  joys of being a grandma. Currently I am making some bibs - small drool bibs as well some large ones (apron bibs).





16 comments:

  1. Congratulations to alll in the family...Blessings to the littl one...loved your work..how lucky is ur lil princess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Shobha! Those baby sweaters and booties are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are not only a great cook.. Lucky little princess is going to enjoy all these.. Looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on new arrival of a baby.your work is awesome.your grand daughter will enjoy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new arrival and wow, the quilts, sweaters and booties, all look so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations dear... and lot of love and blessings to the new born. I know the feeling of being a grandma .. total BLISS
    Enjoy with the little one and all the stuff you made is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations... Enjoy this phase of life...I liked your sewing & knitting...Handmade things are the best ...this reminds about my mother and grand mother , they were involved in this type of crafts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent,knitwear,Shobha. Padmini mentioned this & I HAD to look it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a great news, congratulations to you and lots of blessings to the little one. You did excellent job of making so nice tiny things for your grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Shobha. Beautiful pieces! You are an awesome grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for your granddaughter.
    She is a lucky girl,having such an awesome grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is awesome, you are a great grandmother. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations sbobha mai & vishwanath ma'am on becoming an granparents. looking forward to meeting you during rathotsav at katpadi. I'm also an avid follower of shobha mai's wonderful blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Shobha. You are awesome. Lucky princess Shambhavi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations.. awesome work...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super creative Shobha... I am gobsmacked at the extent of your talents... Pocket sized you pack a gamut of craft creativity... Bless you.

    ReplyDelete