Diwali is round the corner and as usual its time for preparing sweets. I am sure you will all agree with me when I say that we all try and look out for those recipes which not only take less time to prepare but also tastes good, is healthy and also easy on the pocket.
In my opinion, this peanut laddu fits the the description perfectly.
Wishing you all a A very Joyous and a Prosperous Deepavali.
|Peanuts||1 cup /100 gms|
|Powdered Jaggery||2 cups / approx.230 gms|
|Powdered cardamom||1 tsp|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1 tsp|
- Roast peanuts on a low flame for about 10-15 mins. Then allow it to cool.
- When cooled, remove the skin of the peanuts. This can be done easily by taking a few in the palm and rubbing it vigorously.
- Then remove the skin from the peanuts and discard the skin.
- Next grind the peanuts coarsely in a mixer or a food processor.
- Remove the coarsely ground peanuts in a bowl and add the powdered jaggery to it and mix it well.
- Lastly add the powdered cardamom and mix well.
- Now take a small portion of this mixture in the palm of your hand and prepare laddus (balls) as shown in the picture.
- If necessary, you may grease your palm with a few drops of ghee (clarified butter) and then prepare laddus. It is not necessary; but helps in binding.
- All the laddus can be prepared in this manner.
|Peanuts being roasted|
|Skin being separated from the roasted peanuts|
|Roasted peanuts - skin discarded|
|Roasted peanuts being coarsely ground in a food processor|
|Powdered jaggery being mixed|
|Powdered cardamom being added|
|Laddus in the making|
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Makes: 21 laddus (depending upon the size)
- If you are using food processor, then powdered jaggery can be added to the the ground peanuts (after changing the blade) and then run it for a few seconds for mixing.
- In this recipe, I have used organic dark jaggery. It is said that the dark jaggery is healthier than the regular golden colour one. Appearance wise however, the golden one scores over the dark one.
- Powdered jaggery can be adjusted as per one's taste.