Friday, January 18, 2013

Strawberry Vanilla Milkshake


After a hectic day, I wanted to just relax and have some refreshing drink which could be prepared in a jiffy and without cooking. And at the same time I wanted it to be healthy too.
I noticed that I had strawberries in the refrigerator and I also wanted to finish off the Vanilla Ice-cream that was lying in the freezer. So I combined both these and added a little milk to it and voila! - A tasty and a refreshing drink!  It tasted so delicious that I thought of sharing this with you all.

Strawberry Vanilla Milkshake


Ingredients:

Fresh Strawberries
150 gms
Vanilla Ice-cream
About  200 ml.
Milk
100 ml


 
Method:

  1. Wash the strawberries and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Set aside two for decoration (Do not remove the stalk)
  2. Let the ice-cream thaw a little.
  3. Chop the rest of the strawberries and blend it to a fine puree.
  4. Add the vanilla ice-cream and milk and blend it until smooth.
  5. Pour into glasses and decorate with the strawberries that have been set aside.
  6. Serve immediately.
    
Ingredients  

Preparation time: 10 mins
Serves: 2


Note:

  • I have omitted sugar. If you like it sweeter, you may add powdered sugar as per your taste.
  • I used low fat milk. You may increase the quantity of milk to dilute the drink if you so desire.

8 comments: