I got this recipe from one of my neighbours. Thanks to her, I baked this sweet to celebrate a special occasion. Believe me, it turned out really delicious! And to make it more appealing, I dusted it with powdered sugar (I did not have icing sugar) and topped each piece with strawberry preserve (any topping of your choice would also do). The end result is here for all to see.
Its delicious, easy to prepare and a hit at parties especially kiddies parties. No wonder it is called "Mum's Delight" !
However, weight watchers should avoid indulging in this as I found that no one can stop at just one piece!
|Ready for baking|
|Baked, Cooled and Cut into squares|
Freshly Grated coconut
Marie Biscuits (crushed)
2 pkts (200gms) each
Chopped (mixed) nuts
Icing sugar (optional)
Strawberry preserve (optional)
- Put butter in a baking tray measuring (12’x 9” x 2”) and melt over heat (gas stove) for a minute or two. Remove from flame.
- Sprinkle crushed biscuits evenly on the melted butter.
- Sprinkle grated coconut over the crushed biscuits.
- Sprinkle drinking chocolate powder over the grated coconut.
- Pour the condensed milk evenly over the chocolate powder.
- Lastly, top it with the chopped mixed nuts.
- Stir the ingredients roughly and spread it evenly again.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes (a toothpick when pierced, will come out clean).
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into desired shapes.
- Dust it with icing sugar (optional).
- Place a teaspoon of strawberry preserve (optional) over each piece before serving.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time : 30 mins
Makes : 20 square pcs.
- I used unsalted butter. You can also use salted butter. For mixed nuts, I used cashews, almonds, pistachios and walnuts.
- I have restricted the use of condensed milk. You may add more if you prefer it sweeter.
- The cup that I have used measures 125 gms or 125 ml
- Can be refrigerated to preserve it for a longer period.